I want to wish everyone all the best for 2008. It's a new year and a good time to start fresh. Every day is new, so every day is a good time for change, but there is something about looking to a new year that makes people introspect and take stock of their life.
Thanks to all for your part in shaping my life! We are not meant to live in a vacuum, and so many of you have been very involved in the details of who I am and will become. I am forever indebted to my friends, family and community.
Here are some things that I'm looking forward to in this year:
1. Value sleep more...try to get at least 7 hours every night if not more...try to go to sleep around 11:00 PM more often.
2. Ride my bike at least 75% of the time, with at least 1 - 2 days per week in the winter months.
3. Take Sunday, or some other day and spend at least part of it in solitude/meditation, the rest just relaxing, reading books, hanging out with people etc. A true sabbath of sorts.
4. Try to play guitar for at least 15 minutes everyday or every other.
5. Go to the Homeless ministry every Saturday if possible.
6. Cook at least twice a week.
7. Get a setup for digital video and start making a movie.
8. Figure out if I REALLY want to go to grad school, and for what (aka: what do I want to do when I grow up?)
9. Call/write people more often, even if it's just for a few minutes. Especially my 93 year-old grandma. Sorry if I've been a punk and haven't been in touch...hope we can catch up soon!
10. Hold more babies.
I think slowing down and rest are the big priorities for this year. Slow down to enjoy the things in front of me, and rest so that when the right opportunities are presenting themselves, I'll be alert and ready to go for it. A little less fear, a little more trust, and a lot more grace. Keeping the number one priority of loving God and loving people ever before me.
I can't wait to start.