Saturday, May 24, 2008

So I just got back from Mexico this past Monday and I'm still processing the trip. I had never been on a mission trip before, so the whole experience was new and exciting and mind blowing. I was struck by the beauty, the simplicity, by the community and difference in culture, and by the hard work and mindfulness of property that most people I deal with (including myself) know nothing about.

My hope is that I can take this experience and see how it relates to my life here in the States. My fear is that I'll be assimilated back into a culture that often takes things for granted. Alternatively, I fear that my heart will stay behind in Mexico and not be able to live in the present. I hope to find that middle ground...mindful and grateful existence, seeing God at work all around me.

No comments: