Sunday, January 07, 2007

An "Ecclesiastes Moment"

I'm having an "Ecclesiastes Moment"...

You know...when you wonder what the heck this is all for?

When you sit back, take stock of your life and think, "What is the meaning of this?"
Or, "How can I keep up this charade?"
Or, "Why do I even bother?"

(This is not in a suicidal tone, by the way.)

It is really about feeling you are missing something.
Like something is not quite right.

People say, you are being too negative.
People say, you need to lighten up and live a little.

But the "Ecclesiastes Moment" tells me differently.

Is it ok to feel this way?
Am I really just being silly?
Should I just forget about it and go on with my life as usual?

I don't know for sure...

Perhaps, these "Moments" point us to something deeper.
Something bigger.
Something greater than my own life.
Greater than this world.
Greater than all that is.

Perhaps the "Ecclesiates Moment" turns into something else.

If we wait patiently.
If we look intently.
If we trust completely.

Perhaps in those "Moments" we find Hope.

Real Hope.
Not the fake hope that the world gives us.
Hope that carries us.
And gives us real meaning.
And a reason to truly LIVE.

So don't brush aside that "Moment" when it appears.

Ask, "What is this for?"
Ask, "Why am I doing this?"
Ask, "Who am I anyway?"

Pay attention and someday the "Ecclesiastes Moment" may turn into a
Moment of Peace.

No comments: